Saturday, February 1, 2014

Super Bowl Eve

Another Super Bowl is upon us. This will be the fifth time I'll have to watch at an ungodly hour due to deployment. The game coverage starts at 0330 Monday morning for us. I'm not even certain I'll get up to watch. I don't really care for either team. With that in mind, I guess I'll root for the Seahawks since they've never won a Super Bowl. In the event I do get up to watch, I hope that it is at least an entertaining game and not a blowout. There are some activities planned around Bagram for the game. None of them involve beer though. I only say that because in years past there have been exceptions to  policy that allowed strictly monitored beer consumption for the game. That's not the case this year. The best event going is a pizza party at one of the dining facilities. I doubt I'll go. In the event I do get up to watch the game I'll most likely do so in the privacy of my room. That way the bed is nearby if the game is a bore.

Lots of change is in the air here lately. Many units are transitioning. It all keeps Garrison busy. But, then again, we're always busy. The weather has been pleasantly mild of late and that is much welcomed. Another month is complete too. Now there are seven more to go. It's been 150 days since my last beer. There are many more beer-less days ahead. The Super Bowl offers no exception. Oh well, I can't complain. Bagram is quiet these days and time is flying by. And from this rambling blog entry you should be able to tell that I've got nothing significant to report. Stay tuned - that is certain to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment